Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Adam Brody Biography


Biography


Date of Birth
15 December 1979, San Diego, California, USA 

Birth Name
Adam Jared Brody 

Height
5' 11" (1.80 m) 

Mini Biography
Born and raised in San Diego, California, Adam Brody spent a lot of his teen years hanging out with his friends, having fun and surfing. Upon graduation, he convinced his parents to allow him to attend college in Los Angeles. However, instead of enrolling in school, he hired an acting coach, signed with a personal manager and soon landed the lead in the NBC movie-of-the-week, Growing Up Brady (2000) (TV), playing Barry Williams (Greg Brady). Soon after, Brody was cast as the lead in the MTV cult series Now What? His television credits also include a recurring role as Coop in ABC's "Once and Again" (1999); a recurring role as Dave in the WB's Emmy-nominated "Gilmore Girls" (2000); and standout guest starring roles in "Judging Amy" (1999), "Family Law" (1999) and "Smallville" (2001). Brody also starred in the Fox television series "The O.C." (2003), playing the son of Peter Gallagher's character.

In addition to starring in the skateboarding movie Grind (2003), Brody's feature film credits include a very small role in the 2002 hit thriller The Ring (2002) and the dynamic lead role as Patrick in Missing Brendan (2003), opposite Edward Asner and Illeana Douglas.
Trivia
Plays the drums in a band called Big Japan (formerly called Steven's Team). Claims his drumming is more like practice instead of actual drumming.
Loves indie rock and jazz. His taste in music is the same as that of his character on "The O.C." (2003), Seth Cohen.
Graduated from Scripps Ranch High School in San Diego, California.
Attended MiraCosta College in Oceanside, California.
Has fraternal twin brothers, Matt and Sean.
Was named one of Teen People's 25 Hottest Stars Under 25 (shared the honor with castmates Mischa Barton, Ben McKenzie, and Rachel Bilson)
Was the 9th hottest guy on Elle Girl's 50 Hottest Guys list
Has a dog named Penny Lane.
Is the first male actor to pose for the cover of Elle Girl magazine.
Portrayed "Greg Brady" in a parody sketch on "The Amanda Show" (1999), while portraying the actor Barry Williams (who played Greg in real life) in Growing Up Brady (2000) (TV).
Roommate is Bret Harrison, who guest-starred on "The O.C.: The Rivals (#1.17)" (2004).
Named one of People Magazine's "50 Hottest Bachelors" in 2003, 2004, and 2005.
Voted number 1 in UK CosmoGIRL as pin-up sex-symbol
Portrayed a character named 'Barry Gilmore" in an episode of "Judging Amy" (1999), then went on to have a recurring character on "Gilmore Girls" (2000).
Named the seventieth in Independent Oline's 100 Sexiest Men Alive.
Voted by Fans all over the world as Elle Girl Magazine Coolest TV Star and Coolest Guy Celeb.
Split with his girlfriend of over two years, his "The O.C." (2003) co-star Rachel Bilson [December 5, 2006].
Mentioned in an interview that Brad Pitt once approached him and told him that he loved the movie Grind (2003).
One of the People Magazine Sexiest Man Alive in 2004.
Is only 14 years younger than Kelly Rowan, who plays his mother on "The O.C." (2003).
Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2004.
Was to star in and co-produce a 2007 remake of Revenge of the Nerds (1984) but after three weeks of filming the project was canceled.
An aficionado of Dean Martin's and Frank Sinatra's music, and old horror movies.
He loves watching movies, especially classic movies.
Adam's favorite movie is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004).
He loves movie-making and interested in writing and directing.
He likes Death Cab for Cutie, Bright Eyes, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Arctic Monkeys.
Adam's Favorite books are "Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger, "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay" by Michael Chabon, "Less than Zero" by Bret Easton Ellis.
He likes watching "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" (1996) and "Entourage" (2004).
He owns a horse.
Studied with Amy Lyndon.
Love 1940s, 1950s, 1960s jazz and is a big fan of Chet Baker.
Based his performance in Jennifer's Body (2009) mainly on Brandon Flowers of The Killers, Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and Jared Leto of 30 Seconds to Mars.
Dolce & Gabbana named boots after him called, "Adam Brody Lace Up Boots".
 
Personal Quotes
I just graduated from high school, and I was working at Blockbuster. Not only did I get into movies while I was there, but I was putting away boxes and looking at the kids on the covers, it felt like windows into these seemingly perfect lives.
"I'll never have a more life changing year than last year than this last one (2003- 2004). I could win an Oscar and it wouldn't alter my daily life as much as "The O.C." (2003) has".
"You know how in The Fugitive (1993), when Harrison Ford hears sirens, he'll just subtly steer the other way? I do that when I see groups of teenage girls".
I love movie-making. I'm interested in writing and directing, and I've dabbled, but I haven't done anything I care to brag about. Yet.
I wish I came from a more pure place. I don't have something to say from the bottom of my soul. I just know how to take stuff I like and repackage it in a slightly different way.
I don't want to be one of those guys who's known for his love life and not his work.
I was giving away movies all day, and it looked really interesting. I was not into school, there wasn't anything I wanted to do. The only thing in my career counseling class that looked at all interesting was acting. I was kind of drifting. I thought maybe I'd own a surf shop.
It's very important to me to love what I do. It was important to me to find a career that I truly enjoy. You can find something that sort of excites you, that's half the battle of life.
I'd like to write a little bit. If I could trade being an actor for a writer, I'd rather be a writer. But I don't know if I'm I'm any good at it
Life is so fleeting in a way - and it's unlike me, because I'm very driven, and I get a little obsessive - but I am trying to be very Zen about it. Just enjoy it.
And, honestly, who cares if you get a good movie or not? I feel like I'm in semi-retirement already a little bit. I'm 27, and I have a house. I've decided that I'm happy with my lot in life.
[on fame] When all this started I was worried I'd become addicted to the wrong things. I don't mean drugs, but I thought I might become an egomaniac. I will admit that I've caught myself about to act like a diva But I try to keep myself in check.
I love a good, interesting movie with good, interesting choices. I'd rather be in an interesting failure than a generic copy of a copy of a copy.
[on his upbringing, and moving to Los Angeles] All I wanted to do was surf. I pretty much lived at the beach. I tried going to community college but dropped out and moved to Hollywood. It was really cool when I moved to Hollywood. There are so many Jews and I immediately liked the camaraderie with people who had the same heritage. It felt good. Where I grew up there were hardly any Jews. I'm not religious but both my parents are Jewish. I was Bar Mitzvahed and we celebrate Hanukah. Growing up, I think there was maybe one other kid who was Jewish. I wasn't teased because nobody cared but I guess on some level, I knew in that way I was different.

No comments:

Post a Comment